Home/

Read Article


Shutting door to room where fire was prevented apartment fire from spreading


By matt@siouxlandscanner.com Updated on Wednesday, August 08 2018 09:27am

Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to 2800 West 4th Street, Hillside Park Apartments Tuesday evening August 7th about 11:00 pm for reports of a fire.



Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke and a fire contained to a bedroom in Building 2 on the 3rd Floor. The flames were quickly extinguished. Fire officials say the fire ran out of oxygen and did not spread from the mattress because the occupant shut the door to the room the fire was in.

Damage was mostly smoke, no injuries were reported and residents of the complex were able to return to their apartments a little after midnight. The cause of the fire was improper use of flammable materials.