According to a release from Sioux City Fire Rescue a pet dog alerted the homeowner to the fire and she made it out of the home before they arrived. She did suffer from smoke inhalation and was transported to Mercy Medical Center by Siouxland Paramedics.
The home had significant fire damage to the porch smoke damage throughout. There were several pets in the home at the time of the fire and a bird and dog died.
The fire is being blamed on improper use of extension cords on the porch.
Are you a Siouxland Scanner Patreon? Subscribe now to support me in providing you local Siouxland public safety news. Patreon's also get access to live Fire/EMS scanner radio traffic and eligible for monthly giveaways. Become a Patreon!
Sioux City Fire Rescue Responded to an early Morning House fire at 2016 Jennings St in Sioux City. Crews remained on scene until shortly after 10:00AM.
Neighbors say an elderly female lived there with her dogs. The occupant was transported to the hospital. (Removed information that owner and her pets made it out safely as it was inaccurate.)