On October 25th at 1:35 pm Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to reports of smoke and fire coming from the rear of the home at 2005 West 14th Street in Sioux City.
Firefighters were able to get the fire extinguished quickly but remained on scene for some time putting out hot spots and ensuring the fire wouldn't rekindle.
An investigation found that a clothes dryer which had recently had repairs done did not have the rear cover reinstalled causing the heating element to ignite nearby materials causing the fire. The home has been red-tagged until repairs are made the red cross is assisting the family.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
|17-36091||10/25 13:35||FIRE||1400 Block of LACY BL|