Home/

Police Logs


Electrical fault above 2nd floor bathroom determined to be cause of house fire at 2023 South Nicollet


By matt@siouxlandscanner.com Updated on Wednesday, November 01 2017 11:41am

At 2:48 pm on October 31st Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to reports of a fire at 2023 S Nicollet St in Sioux City. Firefighters found flames visible from the eaves on the 2nd floor on arrival.



Upon entry to the home, the fire was located in the 2nd-floor bathroom which had entered through the walls and into the attic.

An investigation into the fire has found that wiring above the 2nd-floor bathroom in the attic space arced causing the fire. The home has been red-tagged and the Red Cross is assisting the family. No injuries were reported, the fire was reported by the occupants when they returned home and saw smoke.


IncidentDate  TimeActivityLocation
17-36834   10/31 14:48   FIRE    2000 Block of S NICOLLET ST