Fire

Electrical fault above 2nd floor bathroom determined to be cause of house fire at 2023 South Nicollet

At 2:48 pm on October 31st Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to reports of a fire at 2023 S Nicollet St in Sioux City. Firefighters found flames visible from the eaves on the 2nd floor on arrival.


Upon entry to the home, the fire was located in the 2nd-floor bathroom which had entered through the walls and into the attic.

An investigation into the fire has found that wiring above the 2nd-floor bathroom in the attic space arced causing the fire. The home has been red-tagged and the Red Cross is assisting the family. No injuries were reported, the fire was reported by the occupants when they returned home and saw smoke.

Article Categories
#CrimeSUX
806
#FireSUX
95
#TrafficSUX
141
#WeAreSiouxland
34
#WeatherSUX
10
#VideoSUX
283
#PhotoSUX
674
Misc
114