Father and son arrested in connection to March house fire and death in Bancroft

Derek and Jody Olson have been arrested following a death and fire investigation on Saturday, March 11th in Rural Cuming County, Nebraska between Bancroft and Rosalie.

Derek Olson, 27 is charged with Accessory to a Felony, 2nd Degree Murder, Use of a Deadly Weapon to Commit a Felony, 1st Degree Arson, and Cruelty to an Animal. Derek is currently in the Madison County Jail being held on 1 million dollar bond and scheduled to be back in Cuming County Court on May 11th.

Jody John Olson, 48 is charged with Accessory to a Felony. He’s also being held on 1 million dollar bond and scheduled back in Cuming County Court on June 1st.

We visited the scene of the fire on Sunday, March 12th after a follower told us that a man had died at the fire. Soon after we learned that the man may have died before the fire started. Officials at the time were not willing to discuss details of the fire or death.

The following Week a release said that 64-year-old Ernest Warnock’s burnt remains were located in the home and the fire and death were being investigated. Victim identified death and fire investigation continue in Bancroft House Fire

Earlier that Saturday Nebraska State Patrol discovered a stabbing victim in Dakota County during a traffic stop. The stabbing victim and others in the vehicle gave conflicting stories as to the incident. While the stabbing victim was in the hospital the car he was traveling in was impounded and when he was released from the hospital on March 14th, Jody Olson was booked into the Dakota County Jail on a Parole Violation. Stabbing victim discovered during traffic stop outside Dakota City

We discovered on March 18th, that Jody’s son Derek Olson was booked into the Madison County Jail on a “Hold for Cuming County” but had been unable to get any further details on the fire or arrests.

We still don't know if there will be charges against the other two occupants of the car that Jody and Derek were traveling in when Nebraska State Patrol pulled them over.