Improperly Disposed of Fireworks Cause Exterior Damage to Leeds Home


By austin@siouxlandscanner.com Updated on Sunday, July 05 2020 02:40am

Sioux City Fire & Rescue was dispatched to the 3700 block of Floyd Blvd after they received reports of a house on fire.

Subscribe Now or Become a Patreon to support Siouxland Scanner.


Responding units saw flames visible on the exterior of 3706 Floyd Blvd. That home suffered mainly exterior fire damage and interior smoke damage. No one was home at the time of the fire, two animals in the home were unharmed. The neighboring house, 3710 Floyd, had a truck destroyed as a result of the fire and the home suffered minor heat damage. Fire investigators on scene determined improperly disposed of fireworks in a trash can to be the cause of the fire. No other information has been released at this time.